About Jermaine Griggs, Founder of Hear and Play Music
Jermaine Griggs, 28, is a minister, musician, entrepreneur, and public speaker. Having grown up in the inner city of Long Beach with just his mom and sister, he always envisioned life on the other side of the tracks. At the tender age of 16, he decided to focus on his passion and started Hear and Play Music, an instructional music company specializing in teaching piano by ear. With only $70, he bought the name HearandPlay.com and launched the company that would not only change his life but hundreds of thousands of musicians around the world through his books, dvds, software and training courses.
Twelve years later, over 2 million aspiring musicians download his online lessons every year and over 300,000 loyal students receive his regular newsletters. Having seen the site grow from a few students a month into an international musician "hub," helping millions of people (both free and paid) is nothing short of amazing — and constantly reminds Jermaine of his humble beginnings. He knows what it feels like to be on both sides of the track and also shares his story with entrepreneurs all over the world regularly.
He is married to his high school sweetheart of 12 years and they have three beautiful children: Jadyn (5), Layla (2), and their newest addition, Brendan. He is a graduate of University of California, Irvine, and currently resides in Orange County.
- How to Play Uptempo Shouting Music By Ear!
- Hear and Play Jazz 101: How To Play Bass Lines With Left Hand
- Hear and Play Jazz 101: How To Play The “Blues Scale” Licks With Best Fingering
- Hear And Play Jazz 101: How To Play Rhythm and Melody
- ***New Hear and Play Jazz Course***
- Listening Effectively P. 2: Understanding How Music Works
- Hear and Play Jazz 201 – www.HearandPlayJazz201.com